John MacDonald Architect is interested in hiring an architecture student to join our team in Kitchener. Undergraduate students seeking co-op placements are encouraged to apply. Preference is for a student able to start immediately.
Our office is a small team of six that is presently working on a vast range of projects including adaptive re-use of heritage properties, residential care (including emergency shelters, group homes, and supportive housing), and various institutional projects including a library, office renovations, and maintenance facilities, as well as a handful of private residences.
We offer exposure to all phases of project development and mentorship from firm principal and senior level staff.
The successful applicant will work in person at our Kitchener office using social distancing and COVID-19 protocols that are appropriate to the circumstances.
Experience and skills:
- a good allrounder and team player
- organised, efficient, competent and motivated
- proficiency working within a Mac based environment
- excellent understanding of CAD software principles (2D and 3D plus Adobe CS)
- proficiency with Vectorworks is considered an asset
- previous professional experience in the architecture and design industry considered an asset and not necessarily required
- Assisting the team with the implementation of all stages of a project from initial concept to completion including:
- Participating in site visits for documentation and site measurement purposes
- Preparing existing conditions plans from site measurements
- Producing design documentation including renderings, diagrams, and material for design reports and presentations
- Assisting with the completion of design, permit, and tender documentation.
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation during the Contract Administration phase as required.
- Preparing promotional material and assisting with firm marketing including responses to RFPs.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with covering letter stating your interest in working within our firm’s culture, CV, and work samples in PDF format to Margaret Santos: [email protected] Please submit your application no later than Monday, March 22, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.