John MacDonald Architect continues to grow.
Our forward-thinking studio of twelve or so is presently working on a wide range of projects including adaptive re-use of heritage properties, mixed use and multi-res developments, institutional projects including library renovations, public spaces, office renovations, and maintenance facilities, as well as custom residential projects. If you can bring a unique skillset(s) to our dynamic team and would like to assist us with our expanding project load, we'd like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be involved with all phases of project development, including client / subconsultant support and will work in person at our downtown Kitchener office.
Experience and skills:
- A good all-rounder and team player
- Organized, efficient, competent and motivated
- Proficiency working within a Mac-based environment
- Excellent understanding of CAD software principles (2D and 3D)
- Proficiency with Vectorworks and similar model—based CAD programs is considered an asset
- Experience in the architecture and design industry and understanding of construction detailing is considered an asset
- Participating in our team through all stages of a project from initial concept to completion, working under the direction of project leaders on larger projects as well as taking project lead responsibility for smaller projects, including:
- Preparing existing conditions documentation
- Producing design documentation including renderings, diagrams, and material for design reports and presentations, under the direction of project leaders
- Assisting with the completion of permit and contract documentation under the direction of project leaders
- Assisting with contract administration and reviews of construction
Remuneration is dependent upon qualifications and experience, your role within the firm, and our wage grid. Our firm pays the overtime hours, and you are welcome to ask for references from our staff and former staff. Depending upon experience, wages may range from $25 to 30 per hour, with potential increase for exceptional candidates.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with submission that explores your interest in working within our firm’s culture, your CV, and a representative portfolio which gives us a sense of your experience and aspirations, all in PDF format. Please submit by e-mail to Scott Clark: [email protected], before noon on Friday, October 20th, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.