John MacDonald Architect is growing. Our forward-thinking studio of ten or so is presently working on a vast range of projects including adaptive re-use of heritage properties, residential care (including emergency shelters, group homes, and supportive housing), and various institutional projects including library exterior / accessibility renovations, public spaces, office renovations, and maintenance facilities, as well as a handful of private residences. If you can bring a unique skillset(s) to our dynamic team and would like to assist us with our expanding project load, we'd like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be involved with all phases of project development, including client / subconsultant support and will work in person at our downtown Kitchener office using social distancing and COVID-19 protocols that are appropriate to the circumstances.
Remuneration shall be commensurate with your qualifications, role within the firm, and our overall pay scale.
Experience and skills:
- a good all-rounder and team player
- organised, efficient, competent and motivated
- proficiency working within a Mac-based environment
- excellent understanding of CAD software principles (2D and 3D plus Adobe CS)
- proficiency with Vectorworks is considered an asset
- previous professional experience in the architecture and design industry considered an asset and not necessarily required
- Assisting the team with all stages of a project from initial concept to completion including:
- Participating in site visits for documentation and site measurement purposes
- Preparing existing conditions plans from site measurements
- Producing design documentation including renderings, diagrams, and material for design reports and presentations
- Assisting with the completion of design, permit, and tender documentation.
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation during the Contract Administration phase as required.
- Preparing promotional material and assisting with firm marketing including responses to RFPs.
- Any additional aspects, as required
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with a cover letter stating your interest in working within our firm’s culture, CV, and work samples in PDF format to Scott Clark: [email protected]. Please submit your application no later than noon on Monday, September 19th, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.