Stage 1: Information Package
John MacDonald Architect is looking for a bright professional to join our Waterloo Region firm. We wish to augment and diversify our capacity in the key areas of communication and information management, project team support, marketing and promotion.
Our small, full service design consultancy provides personal and caring service from project conception to completion. We apply our processes and expertise on behalf of a wide variety of clients, for projects ranging in scale from urban to building to interior and object design.
We are often the co-ordinating centre of an overall project team, focusing client and other consultants to the task at hand. We lead multi-disciplinary teams that integrate creativity, specialised skills and practical knowledge. We craft positive and innovative solutions to support our clients' priorities. We work in an interesting and ever-changing environment that spans from research to design and onwards into construction and project management.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- contribute positively and flexibly within teams and independently, across many tasks;
- apply good judgment and decision-making skills in our deadline-oriented environment;
- be well-organised, pro-active, and detail-oriented;
- be computer-literate, familiar with search, database, & processing software;
- use your research, journalism, library science and/or communication skills (verbal and written) to advance our work; and
- support our values and team members, as we will in turn support you.
Familiarity and/or curiosity with some or all of the following is considered an asset:
- design and construction fields of activity,
- Adobe Creative Suite or similar publishing and graphics software,
- a MacIntosh environment,
- information management and organization, and/or
- fundamentals of marketing and communication in the consulting industry.
You will work in an open and collaborative atmosphere, with a wide variety of duties that include input, deliverables, and assistance with:
- communication (including fielding telephone enquiries), scheduling and organizational improvement;
- social media representation and maintenance of our promotional outreach;
- achieving project workflow deadlines using various softwares and techniques;
- depending upon candidate interest and fit, aspects of
- information management, research, documentation, and administration activities
- the activities of the principal of the practice and senior staff.
Our Selection Process for This Opportunity
Upon receipt of this description, interested candidates should submit a presentation package consisting of the following:
- A submission which addresses
- your interest in our firm and its activities,
- what you wish to bring to our team,
- your perception of our firm's fit with your objectives,
- your skills and experiences, and
- your questions of us.
- together with further documentation or information as you see fit.
The package shall be submitted as a single pdf format document (no MS Word based or e-mail content submissions please, as we wish to review your submission as a completed presentation document). Submit the package to Margaret Santos ([email protected]).
We will evaluate your submission using the following criteria:
- the skills and assistance that you hope to bring to our team,
- your objectives and potential fit with our team,
- your experiences to date, and
- your demonstrated understanding or interest in:
- the nature and opportunities of our activities,
- the role we wish to fulfill in the design and construction industry, and
- our aims for contribution to our community
Upon completion of evaluation, we will provide information regarding a next stage in the process to shortlisted candidates.
We wish to emphasize that this is a full time employment opportunity, but not a full time marketing position. The role will include exposure to all aspects of the firm's activities. The position will not evolve or lead to a full design or architect role.
Remuneration shall be commensurate with experience and team role.
Our hope is to reach agreement with a successful candidate in early to mid-December, for a start of employment in the New Year.
Questions of clarification can be submitted to [email protected]itect.ca or by telephone enquiry (519) 579-1700)
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.